Get Your $$’s Worth
- Download Sierra’s Mobile App to access a whole suite of security, account management, and convenience features anywhere, anytime. Find it in theApp Store here. Find it onGoogle Play here.
- Add your debit card to Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™, or Google Pay® for easy online and in-store payments
- Enroll in CardCash to start earning up to 1% Cash-Back on debit card purchases
- Explore Money Desktop and get your whole financial picture–including accounts and loans at other institutions
Security Features You’ll Love
- Remote Card Control lets you pause or permanently disable card activity in case your debit card is lost or stolen, all inside our Mobile App
- Multi-Factor Authentication, Fingerprint Login and Device Registration keep your Online Banking profile secure and convenient
- Your Deposits are Insured up to $500,000; twice the industry standard
- Fraud Monitoring keeps an eye out for suspicious activity on your account
Manage Your Account
Sierra’s Online and Mobile Banking tools let you manage your accounts with us, and keep an eye on external accounts.
- Transfer Funds between your Sierra accounts and loans, and to or from external accounts
- Set up custom account alerts in the “Email” tab of Online Banking
- Pay Bills and People with Bill Pay
If you ever need help with online banking or want a real person to help with your transactions, your Sierra team is here to help.
Create a budget, track spending across your accounts, and plan for future goals and events. All within Online or Mobile Banking
- Add other accounts to get the full view of your finances
- Bubble Budgets make it simple to plan for future spending
- Spending and Transactions tools give you an up-to-date look at where your money is going
- Debt Management helps you build a plan to pay down debt
- Set Goals to track savings for your big vacation, retirement, or major purchases
- Cash Flow helps you view and plan for upcoming expenses
Visit the Money Desktop tab in Online or Mobile Banking to get started.
E-statements are faster, safer, and easier to organize than printed statements.
- Enroll under “Email” in Online Banking or the Mobile App
- View past e-statements in the “Documents and Statements” tool
There are several ways you can add money to your Sierra Pacific Checking Account.
Set up Direct Deposit
Send a portion of your paycheck to your Sierra Checking Account automatically. Ask your employer for their Direct Deposit forms.
You’ll need these numbers to complete the form:
- Your Account Number: find this in your new account documents, or contact the branch
- Sierra’s Routing Number: 321280237
Transfer From Another Bank or CU Online
Add your other bank or credit union’s saving or checking account to online banking, and transfer funds right from there to Sierra and vice versa.
- A Sierra Pacific FCU Online Banking login
- 30 days of membership at Sierra
- The account and routing numbers for any external account you’d like to add
- 2 days to securely verify the external account before it becomes available for transfers
To Get Started:
- Log into online banking
- Select, “Transfers” from the main menu
- Choose “Manage External Accounts”
- Select the “+” button
- Follow prompts to add your external accounts
- After 2-3 business days, Sierra will make two small deposits to that external account. At this point, you can log back into Sierra’s online banking and verify the account.
- Select “Manage External Accounts”
- Select the account you’d like to verify
- Enter the amounts of the two small deposits made to that external account from Sierra Pacific
- Click “Verify”
Once your external account is added, your can return to the “Transfers” tool and follow prompts to set up one-time or regular, scheduled transfers between your Sierra and external account.
Transfers through Online or Mobile Banking are always free.
Debit Card Payment
Use our Online Payment Portal to transfer money using a debit or credit card, or directly from an external bank account. Send one-time payments, or set up automatic payments on your schdule.
We charge a $4.95 fee for each transfer.
Express Pay: No need to create an account. Select the “Express Pay” button and your account number, the email we have on file, and the last four digits of your social security number to get started.
Create an Account: Register to save and schedule payments.
Deposit Checks Remotely
Use your Sierra Mobile App’s Remote Check Deposit tool. You can enroll in this feature through Online Banking once you’ve been a member with Sierra for 6 months.
This tool is always free.
ATMs and Shared Branches
Sierra is a part of the CO-Op Network, which includes nearly 5,000 surcharge-free ATMs and 30,000 branches nationwide.
- Visit any of these ATMs to deposit, withdraw, or transfer money with your Sierra Pacific debit card.
- Visit a shared branch to deposit, withdraw, or check on your Sierra accounts, just like you would at our branch.
Over the Phone or In Branch
Your Sierra team can help you transfer between your Sierra accounts over the phone or in a branch during business hours. You can also make deposits in-branch with cash or a check. These options are free.
You can also use an outside account or card to make a deposit over the phone or in-branch during branch hours. There is a fee of $12.95 charged per payment for this service.
Call your branch to get started
Mail a Check
You can mail a personal check for your deposit amount to Sierra Pacific.
Make the check out to Sierra Pacific Federal Credit Union and note your account number in the memo. This number can be found in your new account documents or by contacting a branch.
Sierra Pacific FCU
P.O. Box 10100
Reno, NV 89520
Your Sierra Pacific debit card can be used for purchases in-store or online.
Your debit card is compatible with ApplePay, GooglePay, and SamsungPay. These tools are a secure, convenient way to make contactless purchases in apps, online, and in stores.
Open your device’s wallet app and follow instructions to get started.
Learn more about digital wallets here.
Chip Card Technology
Your Debit Card comes with secure EMV Chip technology to make in-store payments more secure.
Add your Sierra Pacific debit card to new and existing subscription services to make tracking your monthly spending a breeze.
Pay Bills and Send Money
Manage Utility, Subscription, and Rent Payments
Bill Pay lets you pay regular bills automatically from inside online or mobile banking. Add, pause, and monitor all of your bills in one place.
You can use Bill pay to send money to individuals, too! Add family members, babysitters, and landlords as payees in Online or Mobile Banking, and easily set up one-time or regular payments in the mobile app.
Checking Account Details and FAQs
NCUA deposit insurance covers up to $250,000 per member and ownership type.
- Individual accounts (savings, checking, money market) are covered for up to $250,000 per member
- Joint accounts (savings, checking, money market) are covered for up to $250,000 per owner – so an account with $500,000 and two joint owners would be fully insured by NCUA coverage.
- Trust Accounts – Up to $250,000 per beneficiary for each owner
- Retirement Accounts – Roth or Traditional IRA – Up to $250,000 total. Beneficiaries do not change the coverage amount.
Sierra is federally insured by the NCUA, which means member deposits are insured for up to $250,000 per member per account ownership type. We also offer Excess Share Insurance, which covers an additional $250,000 on the same guidelines, bringing the total to $500,000 per member and ownership type.
So what are the ownership types?
Deposits at Sierra Pacific are insured by the NCUA and Excess Share Insurance.
The NCUA insures up to $250,000 per individual member, per ownership category. Excess Share Insurance covers up to $250,000 in excess of that. In total, your Sierra shares are insured for up to $500,000 per member, per ownership category.
Check out these NCUA resources for more information on ownership types, and how NCUA insurance works.
To estimate your total deposit coverage at Sierra, or another institution, visit mycreditunion.gov/insurance-estimator
Yes, your deposits at Sierra Pacific FCU are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000 per member per ownership type.
In addition, Sierra provides up to $250,000 of excess insurance for accounts that surpass the NCUA insurance limit.
In total, deposits are insured for up to $500,000 per member, per ownership type.
You transfer funds from another bank or CU to Sierra, and vice-versa, through the “Transfers” feature in online and mobile banking.
You’ll need to set up each external account you’d like to connect, wait 2 days, and verify the account.
Once verified, that external account will be an option in your “Transfer To” and “Transfer From” menus. At this point, you can make a one-time transfer, or set up regular automatic transfers.
Transfer limits between your Sierra and external accounts apply. There is no fee for this service.